If you have not shopped in a thrift market, you are missing it all. Thrift markets have all we need for both our personal and our family’s needs. We may think that all that is there is old and gray but shock onus when we find things that are next to new, in very stable condition and very friendly prices. The temptation will be not to buy as much as you see because everything will be calling out to you.
Finding toddler beds at the thrift market
We are all at different stops in life, some are giving birth, and others are retiring from raising up kids because they are now grown-ups. It is for this reason that there are varieties of goods being sold at the market.
Toddler beds at the thrift market are very affordable, you might not really find the design you want but you would find a good toddler bed for your child.
To get the most out the thrift market:
• Plan your shopping list before – this helps you stay focused on what exactly you require from the market. It also helps you know the amount of money you intend to spend to avoid impulse buying.
• Be open minded – keep your eyes open for any surprising deals. It’s a hit or miss with thrift stores so sometimes you can really hit a jackpot or miss anything at all.
• Look for quality brands – you will be surprised about the amount of well-made, expensive brands being offered at very affordable prices.
• Try out new brands – Keep in mind that there might be some quality pieces in brands that you have never heard of that you can also experiment with. Some brands are high-end European brands well worth their money.
• Don’t go with the kids – though the toddler bed we are going to shop for belongs to the child, leave them at home for easier shopping. Thrift shops are usually high trafficked and your toddler will not enjoy the ride and you too will not.
• Plan to spend enough time – Do not be in a rush to shop, thrift markets are pretty large and if you don’t visit some places you might miss out on the best. Plan to spend more hours window shopping around before you can make a final decision. Plan to go out early before there is heavy traffic or before the sun is out.
• Wear comfortable shoes – you will be walking a lot so invest in a very comfy pair of shoes for easier movement and to avoid getting tired easily.
Reused toddler beds are very helpful in terms of pricing and availability. You get an opportunity to see many options and only settle on the best that you want. You also get a chance to buy items that you can repurpose into any other child furniture.
When you visit the thrift market, don’t be too strict on yourself, just be easy on yourself and on the things in the market. Go ready to have fun as you see both new and old creation.
Take time and look out for thrift markets around your area, they have different days so ensure you know the days they operate and the places they are set in.
You can also find the thrift stores online – those that sell second hand items online. They include:
• Ebay: Ebay sells just about anything, you will be surprised at the extensive collection you will find ranging from furniture to bedding to clothes to decorations etc. The Ebay handy search feature allows you to search for exactly the brand that you require and how many pieces you can choose.
• Baby Outfitter: This is a site that now sells secondhand everything from classic books to swaddling blankets and clothes, ships them at a flat rate all over the world.
• Swap baby goods: Is set up for parents to list items in their families that are finished using for sale or for swap. Posters assign each item a value and offer other site owners the option of purchasing it or trading for something they need. The listings are organized by categories like bedding, bouncers, swings furniture strollers, beds, beddings etc. and allows you to navigate the hundreds of items without missing out on what you really need.